It's easy to upload your min and max prices to RepricerExpress.
To access the imports screen follow the steps below:
- Click 'Imports/Exports' on your menu.
- Choose 'Bulk Imports' from the options available.
On the 'Bulk Imports' screen you can download a file with your product SKUs and titles, ready to add your Min/Max prices to it.
Choose one of the following options from the 'Download your prices' dropdown menu (see video below for process).
- 'Need Min/Max' - This will download a file with only the SKUs which have not had a min/max price set.
- 'Set Min/Max Prices (All SKUs)' - This will download a file with all your products, including those already with min/max prices.
Editing your file:
Once you have chosen the type of file you want, it will automatically download for you. Just open the file and start editing it. Please do not remove or add any columns from the file as this break the format of the file and will stop the file from importing.
The file will have the following fields:
- SKU: Your Amazon Merchant SKU.
- Title: Your Amazon title (you can delete the titles as they are not needed, just leave the title column header in the file).
- Rule Name: The name of your Repricing rule.
- Min Price: Your base Minimum price.
- Max Price: Your base Maximum price.
Before editing your file please review this article which looks at the common reasons imports fail to import successfully. Find it here.
- If you are using different pricing rules on each channel then please do not use the bulk import to apply a rule to the product.
- Repricing Rules already assigned to products will not download on this report.
- If you leave the 'Rule Name' column blank, no changes will be made to your rules.
Re-importing your file:
Once you have completed your changes and want to re-import your file you need to return to the 'Bulk Imports' screen in RepricerExpress.
Select 'Min/Max' from the 'Import your updated prices' and browse for your file. Normally files will be processed within a few minutes but can take up to 45 minutes. We'll send you an email when your file has been imported.
If you have rejected products or the file fails please review this article which looks at the most common reasons files fail to import successfully. If you need any help with your Imports please do contact us on Live Chat or via email.